Thursday, January 17, 2008

So an octopus walks into Costco....


edited to add (if you want to find out more about this picture please visit here)



My daughter is an octopus. Yesterday while picking up an un-Godly amount of bulk food items from the local Costco my angelic little girl grew six extra arms. The packaged items were piled up very high in the cart and I set the eggs down in hopes that they would make it to the register, they balanced delicately on top of canned tomatoes, olive oil, and a very large box of diapers. With in .00026 seconds the little girl had thrown eggs everywhere. On the floor, in between the items in the cart, on her lap. She was still holding two in her hand, crunch crunch. Now just the yolks in her hand. She twists around in her seat to grab the unbroken ones from between the Kashi bars and lettuce for a double play. Splat. I grabbed the other one from her and as fast as I could; gathering the remainder like a brooding hen trying to get them back to the nest. I think only 3 out of 18 survived. Such a shame. Taking small children out into public is such an excellent past-time.

 Interior Octopus

3 comments:

The Manny said...

You need a hobby. You have a perfectly good piano just itching to be played by someone other than Sophia.

EatPlayLove said...

Unfortunately it sounds all too familiar. Just the other day I was obsessed about keeping the cooked chicken away from my frozen berries, with Sj in back and GL reaching around for everything else. Damn Costco.

Maybe Costco should become a daddy job.

Anonymous said...

that's why I can't have kids...they're awesome and special and like nothing else, but when things happen like that, I'm just too impatient to deal...