Thursday, March 6, 2008

my boy, the chef

since the husband has taken to rising at 4 am, the boy, in his preschool wisdom has realized, that if he wants to see his beloved Daddy he needs to wake up even earlier than the usual 6 am. so at 4:30 in the morning on monday the boy was up and ready to start the day. he had declared he made us breakfast even. a cracker sandwich, which is a wasa cracker in between two pieces of bread, which he sliced in half with a butter knife. nice and dry just how i like my cracker sandwiches. on tuesday it was a blackberry sandwich, pretty much the same as the cracker one but with blackberries instead. of course this occurred at 5 o'clock in the morning. so on wednesday when he announced "breakfast time!" at 4:45 am i was expecting some sandwich variation, but to my surprise it was yogurt, yo-baby yogurt to be exact, he had removed the lids and provided each of us a spoon, and not a regular spoon but the very large serving spoons. so the three of us had our yogurt (yo-baby happens to be my favorite simply because of the fat content being so high) although i did not actually wake up baby girl at this early hour to join us for she is NOT a morning person. this morning the chef had the day off and i made breakfast at the "normal" 7 am time frame. to which he apologized, "i am sorry i didn't make breakfast this morning, mommy." melt.

so, i suppose i can put up with the early breakfast time when he is just so darn cute.

3 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

tell the boy to head over to my place to fix me breakfast after he does the dishes at your house!

The same but different said...

i think your son need to hang out with my son some more - or maybe even my husband!

sandy winz said...

Hi! I order from this place all the time and am very pleased to share. They have great kosher organic and natural food products including wasa crackers.
Here is a link http://www.wholeandnatural.com
Enjoy!!!
p.s. I used a code try if it works for you bldc08