Tuesday, March 18, 2008

shoes and pickles

" i am going to make breakfast this morning."

"oh, really boy? what are you going to make."

"don't worry, i got it."

I roll over to my husband and ask." when is their mother going to pick them up? I mean i have been watching these kids for four years now." the husband pretends to be asleep.

baby girl starts to cry, she wants out of her cage crib. so i go get her and jump back in to my bed with husband pretending to be asleep.

the boy runs in with breakfast. four pickles. one for each of us. two in each grubby little paw. "we are having pickles, my favorite."

baby girl begins to fuss. this is her purpose in life and makes sure to fulfill it as frequently as she can.

"its ok baby, here is a shoe." (the boy's attempt to calm her down) she continues to fuss. "how about a boot?"

"oooh" baby girl calmed down instantly at the site of the boot.

"i guess she was in the mood for boots today mommy."

so i get pickles for breakfast (at least they were delivered in bed) and Carrie from Sex and the City.

2 comments:

Tootsie Farklepants said...

The boots would have calmed me down too!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

OHmommy said...

Heeheee... me too. Boots ARE calming. :)