Friday, April 11, 2008

I Heart the Eighties

(this is a shameless commercial for the up-coming 80s week extravaganza)

in between my manicure and pedicure this morning, mid bite into my bon bon it occurred to me...we are going to have 80s week here at The Soapdish, and it is going to be rad. I was born at the tail end of the 1970s and I do mean tail end so I am definitely a child of the eighties. i fed the children a bunch of sugar and then locked them in a padded room while i brainstormed the eighties. the manny and i covered four sheets of paper and then decided i probably had enough for the week. in order to take eighties week to the max you ACTUALLY have to click on the youtube links to hear the totally awesome songs and movies. oh, and for you lurkers out there, i want your 80s memories too...leave me a comment about your favorite song, movie, cartoon, toy, leg warmer, 80s memory. so put in that banana clip slip the feet into some jellies and check out the youtube movie clip and the quintessential 80s sound byte to get you like totally pumped for my coming nonsense. 







two classics.

4 comments:

Anna said...

From another child of the 80's


http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/1404/poem4.html

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing, Karate Kid....it goes on and on. quoting the wisest trucker "Jack Burton: Is this gonna get ugly now? I hope not. Because I thought what we were here, racial differences notwithstanding, was just a couple of old buddies. You know, both of us Californians...
in the world" signed...your pappy

Kathleen said...

I look forward to turning back the clock, does this mean you are coming to MNO dressed in 80's gear!

love2cook said...

Oh, the 80s! What a fun time for me. I was in my tweenie and teen stage. I LOVED (and still do) the "alternative" bands (The Cure, New Order, Depeche Mode) Had the big hair and adored John Hughes movies and still do!