Monday, April 21, 2008

um, excuse me, that award is f-r-a-g-i-l-e



"what is that gawd-awful noise coming from the bathroom?" 

"goodness, i haven't a clue. it kind of sounds like a cat in heat. let me go check." 

knock knock.

I open the bathroom door and peek my head out. "can i help you?" 

"um, Jennie what are you doing in there?" 

"besides hiding, what does it sound like i am doing. I am SINGING! duh. you know that catchy lollipop song by Mika, that is lodged in my brain and won't remove itself."

"ah, singing you say." 

"yep, i am pretty sure i am ready to be on American Idol. I mean i know the tile lends to better acoustics here in the bathroom, but i am sounding pretty darn good. someone call Simon, this is going to be my big break." 

 "um, yeah. riiiight. ok and why are you singing my perfect wife jennie?"

"hey, you sounded like that schmoe from Office Space. and I am singing because I got this major award":




"its like electric sex gleaming in the window, careful its fragile."

"oh, your blog I should have known. and who might i ask gave you this major award?"

"none other than Eat Play Love but now it is time to pass the love around. so i am ripping the award into two equal halves and giving them to Kathleen after last weekend's fun she needs some Mc Lovin, and also to M  because I MISS you and I love hearing about what you are up to these days in Virginia."

"how very nice of you, jennie." 

"yep, i know and now I am going back to my yowling."
Mika - Lollipop lyrics

3 comments:

love2cook said...

Aw shucks...that's so sweet. :) Thank you very much! I know I'm not as consistent, but if time allows and there are things to be said I try to find the time to blog! Thanks again!

EatPlayLove said...

AAh, a little Mika love! We were discussing that song on our Retail Shopping Extravaganza yesterday. My husband says he doesn't like the girls singing it, but deep down it's a good message..

Now that songs in my head, high pitched singing and all.

Ha! I am really into the Big Girls song right now..

Kathleen said...

Thank you thank you thank you. Now the song is stuck in my head!