Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I distinctly ordered the Antarctic blue super sports wagon with the CB and the optional rally fun pack


Ah, it's that time of year when we load up  the SUV with a drinking problem The Wagon Queen Family Truckster and head west. Wish us luck, we are camping with the under five crowd. This kind of adventuring is always good for some laughs and high blood pressure. Hopefully we will return in one piece and I will show you some pictures. Just let me rummage through the closet and pull out the slide projector and screen and I will enthrall you all for hours on end with pictures of the JennieFamily Vacation 2008.

On a lighter note let's quote some Barry Lopez:

I know what they tell you about the desert but you mustn't believe them. This is no deathbed. Dig down, the earth is moist. Boulders have turned to dust here, the dust feels like graphite. You can hear a man breathe at a distance of twenty yards. You can see out there to the edge where the desert stops and the mountains begin. You think it is perhaps ten miles. It is more than a hundred. Just before the sun sets all the colors will change. Green will turn to blue, red to gold. 

4 comments:

love2cook said...

So BEAUTIFUL!! Even though I love it out here, I do miss the good ole west.

EatPlayLove said...

Have a good time!!!

Kathleen said...

I am so jealous, i hope you have a fantastic time. Ps the hike to this is a killer in the heat but so worth it. I lost a hat up there few years back if you see it!

Cathy said...

Sounds like fun! I'd love to go there someday.