Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day...a learning experience was had by me

Mother's Day did not go as planned. (I am a planner: at oh eight hundred I am to have breakfast in bed type of thing.) I am working on my parenting dissertation and now that I am past just mere graduate work, I can handle barfing baby girls on Saturday causing me to abandon all plans, drive back from Grandma's, only to woken up by baby girl eating as much as an elephant and *perfectly* fine on Sunday. But as it turned out, Mother's Day was better than I planned it.

I got the camera, the breakfast in bed, more seeds and flowers to plant, two healthy kids, one great husband, and the realization that I live in Colorado so this is a mere 15 minutes from the house.




3 comments:

Kathleen said...

hey where did you go? We too landed in the foothills, after soccer of course!

EatPlayLove said...

Aah, barfing! Yuck.. So glad the day turned out better. Hubby upgraded my camera as well! What'd ya get?

Cathy said...

That looks like a great hike--I hope I can convince my boys to do that this summer!