Friday, May 9, 2008

Off we go into the wild blue yonder

I was a military brat for a portion of my life. Then I was a military wife for a little while too. Now it seems I will be a military sister, if that is a thing one can be. The Manny was sworn into the US Air Force yesterday.

Dear Manny, I am so very proud of you. I know that you will do a fine job and will excel. I am glad you are starting a new chapter in your life. You were wonderful with the kids and I am only supposing the you've been a good yard boy to mom too. And hey, at least you now don't have to learn obnoxious Village People songs about "other" military branches. And this looks pretty cool too:


Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Dear Husband, Mom, Rockin' Sister in Law, Mother in Law, Father in Law, Tabitha, David, Grandpa, The Becks, Charlie, Will, Lee, Mark, carpediem's husband, and many others that I know but am not listing and for all Veterans and all troops especially those in Iraq and Afghanistan:

Thank you for serving. Each and everyone of you ROCKS! mwah! And give my little brother hell too. :)

Once again love,

Jennie

6 comments:

love2cook said...

S and I thank you very much for the recognition!

The Airman Trainee Manny said...

*sniff* I just have some dirt in my eye, I swear. Excuse me, I am getting all vaclempt. Talk amongst yourselves.
Seriously though. From the bottom of my heart thanks sis, mom, pappy, betsy, joe, and curt. I really appreciate everything. Especially the swift kicks in the ass. I am normally not one to throw out a quote for fear that it would seem corny or disingenuous. But this really does sum up how I felt when I raised my right hand and started taking my oath. It simply felt right in many different ways.
"Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today." Ernest Hemingway

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jennie, I greatly appreciate what you said about those serving and those that have served in the past!!! Anyone who can put up with my brother as long as you have also deserves a medal.

Kathleen said...

Thank you manny for doing your bit and helping to protect this country. Even though i am not American my kids are and i live here and we all appreciate every day the hard work these men and women put in to keep this and other countries safe.

THANK YOU

EatPlayLove said...

Best of Luck to Manny!

I don't think enough people thank those that serve this country and protect our freedom!

Thanks!

btw..my original comment seems to be lost in cyberspace, strange, I posted yesterday.

Tabitha said...

You rock too and I love you!