Monday, June 16, 2008

ah amor


We spent both yesterday and today enjoying the mountains. The husband wanted to "hike" a 14ner with the family on his special day. So we loaded up the car and went to Mt. Evans, drove up to 14 thousand feet, got out and walked the last itty bitty bit. The boy was so excited he could hardly stand it. He says that one day he will hike Mt. Everest. I wouldn't put it past him. We followed it up by pizza at Beau Jos in Idaho Springs.

Today, the husband shocked the world and took the day off in celebration of the fact that after seven years of marriage we haven't killed each other. In fact we are still in love. awwww. We loaded up the kids, stopped off at Whole Food to buy lots of over priced very yummy cakes, cheeses, juices, sushi, and coffee (decaf for me), then sped up the mountain to a special picnic site. The kids enjoyed the picnic, baby girl said "hike?" They also enjoyed pooping...lots....outside....behind trees. That is all I am going to say about that. Seven years ago today, we were married amongst cartoon characters, a Major Duomo, friends and family. We spent a week all together and then tied the knot. (I would share a picture but the scanner is STILL in its box waiting to be set up.) I would not have had it any other way. Friends and family all vacationing together and then the food...marvelous!
It's been a good seven years and nine years ago when I met this man I knew I would marry him and I am so glad that I did.

5 comments:

love2cook said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Sounds like a great outing :)

Kathleen said...

happy anniversary, can't wait to see a picture, glad you had a great day (s) out, food from whole foods while expensive is always so good!

EatPlayLove said...

june weddings, galore..aren't they the best..

The Manny said...

You will have to bust out the picture of the angel in the sky. No kidding, to those not there, storm clouds everywhere except for 1 white cloud that was the shape of an angel. Happy Ball and Chain Day.

Tabitha said...

I remember the cloud angel... that week was so much fun and I still like to tell people about your "fairy tale" wedding. :) I never did get to see the professional pictures. Remember the "magical wishes" dinner and all the steak and lobster tail?? I miss you guys.