Saturday, June 21, 2008

What a steal and for only $7!

I am not a garage sale person. I was commenting this to a friend about a week ago. Mainly because all the ones around here sell the same crap that I already have and that is the last thing I want, more of my own stuff. My friend commented that she goes to the little old ladies' garage sales because they have some pretty good stuff, like what is now considered a vintage table cloth that she found at one. She lives in an older neighborhood with little old ladies and I do not. But made a mental note to myself: "keep eyes peeled for little old ladies and following them to their nesting grounds in order to obtain great stuff." I didn't pass on this idea of mine to my husband and having him follow around little biddies would be, well, odd. However, the husband and I do share the same brain most of the time and while he was riding into work yesterday he passed by a garage sale in an older neighborhood. (Full of cute houses that I want, with great front porches and charm and carriage houses and real wood floors and my list goes on but it never includes lead paint). He found a tagalong for $20!!!!!!!!! He says it is missing the attachment piece which is why he couldn't strap it onto his bike and finish the ride with the tagalong in tow. (Personally, I think it has to do with appearances). This caused yours truly to drop what she was doing and go retrieve the tagalong. Now, this garage sale was not being run by an old lady, but rather a group of families donating money to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. So I felt compelled to look around a bit. There was an awesome and I do mean awesome wooden dollhouse, but someone had already swiped it. But, I was pretty proud of myself when I found this for baby girl. She loves "feeding" her baby dolls in it. I love the cute Dutch couple that was painted on.

4 comments:

love2cook said...

I like that! It's funny how S calls those garage sales "tag sales." Very east coast since they place a "tag" on the item. I like the sales around the older neighborhoods here because of the antiques.

Cathy said...

That's a great deal. Your daughter will love it. I love finding deals--I'm a Craigslist junkie.

Kathleen said...

very cute, it's amazing what you can find, we have got some great things inour neighbour hood over the years.

EatPlayLove said...

very cute... have you looked into the tagalong hook ups yet, they cost a pretty penny!