Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The pregnancy

I was planning on posting about the differences of my first pregnancy and my third. Or really my attitude towards the pregnancies. Such as, during the boy's go 'round I always knew what week and day I was at, I constantly was looking at pregnancy books, baby books, playing with all the baby accessories I had purchased, never had a drop of caffeine, never ate unpasteurized cheese, never took any medicine, and looked online constantly about anything pregnancy related. My second pregnancy with baby girl I had calmed down, I looked at the books maybe a couple of times, an occasional glance at the Internet, but I still never drank caffeine, or ate blue cheese, and always knew what week I was at. This go around is a bit different. A few weeks ago I started living dangerously and decided, what the hell, I am having some coffee. Granted it is only one half cup a day, but it is a necessity since resting is damn near impossible with the two kiddos running around, that and all the Chinese speaking I am doing at 5:30 in the morning. The other thing is the cheese. I simply began indulging in whatever cheese I wanted. Most of it being pasteurized, actually I am pretty sure all of it has been but I stopped checking the labels. I usually have no idea what week I am at, I was shocked while making my last appointment at the OBs to hear see you in two weeks. Two weeks?!? We are already at that point I asked? Yep, third trimester. I am in my third trimester? Holy Crap. Then I just felt the impending doom of c-section pain, sore nipples, no sleep, and changing 30 diapers a day. I immediately indulged in some Halloween candy. 

I have it pretty easy in the pregnancy department. I get REALLY sick at first but once that fun is over I am pretty much the same. I can't work out very well, but I still try. I take a nap every few days but other than some sciatica I always feel pretty good. Babies always move lots, labs are always normal, never have any high blood pressure. Blessed. Until yesterday...

I had a scare. There was some bleeding. Hardly anything but since I have NEVER had any bleeding in the other two pregnancies I kind of freaked out. After speaking with my doctor and denied all the important questions cramping, labor, baby not moving, I was told I needed to relax and hang out with my feet up the rest of the day. Preferably in bed. So I was on modified bedrest from 2 pm on  yesterday. Let me just say that it SUCKED!!!! I am completely incapable of hanging out in bed all day. Both kids were napping and then we all watched cartoons in bed together and then made a picnic on my bed for dinner. Mr. Worried Husband was not allowed by yours truly to come home early. Let's just say he gets a little too nervous for my taste when I am not 100% normal. The bleeding stopped as suddenly as it started. Obviously I am supposed to call and go in if it starts up again, but Holy Hell I cannot believe that women have to do that for weeks on end! They are some troopers. My mental health would be in the trash can after a few days. Plus, and this is really odd but true, all I could think about was thank God I voted early because if I were stuck at home tomorrow I would go insane. That and both kids are now sick so I am not sure how well voting would have gone today anyway. So needless to say that I had a wake up call from my body stating "hey lady you are not invincible, ask for help and rest or I will make you." So that is what I am trying really hard to do.

Oh, and vote for pete's sake if you haven't already!!!! People died so you could, don't take it for granted. 

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow--so glad it was nothing serious. I know what you mean about women who've had to do serious bed rest--I would go crazy in a minute. That's funny about the voting too--makes me glad our state has early voting!!

EatPlayLove said...

oh boy! damn recipe club! you better keep off those feet chiquita!

I had chronic dreams while pregnant that I was bleeding. Scary. If you need anything let me know.

leafandsap said...

i am pulling for you. i know what you're going through ... just RELAX. better you should go a little stir-crazy than run that baby ragged --

and can you BELIEVE what just happened????? we are ecstatic!! i love america!!!

love2cook said...

I'm so glad everything is okay! I can't imagine how agonizing bed rest would be. Make the husband do everything ;)

Kathleen said...

So glad everything is ok - if you need anything please let us know. It is really scary, i know i have been there with both and it sends blind panic through you. Try and take it easy.