Friday, December 19, 2008

I must've drank me about 15 Dr. Peppers

John Muir said, "The mountains are calling and I must go." A few weeks ago my phone rang and it was the touristy town of Breckenridge saying, "hey Jennie the economy is in the pooper and have I got some deals for you. Why don't you home hang out in one of my condos for as cheap as you will ever see in your lifetime, we are talking May rates here lady. Your family can all go skiing while you and baby girl watch too much t.v. and wander around in shops that are filled with useless crap. But we've got hot chocolate and muffins so you should be OK." I looked over at the husband who was wagging his tail and panting, giving me the puppy dog look...please can we go? can we? can we?

I pouted for a while about the fact that I can't ski this season so why should I have to subject myself to hanging out in some non-kid friendly place with baby girl while EVERYONE (parental figures, husbands, the boy, friends of husbands, kids of friends of husbands, girlfriends, DOGS, hell even the Manny) can ski and then enjoy apres ski. (note: happy hour is called snooty apres ski in ski towns.) I am taking one for the Gipper. I am roughly three and a half weeks from giving birth and my bitch level is at an all time high. So, dear reader, I am picking the restaurants for this adventure. Why? Because it is the only thing that I have on this earth that I enjoy right now. Food. Since we are staying in a condo, I will be torturing the family with "we are not eating out for breakfast and lunch for four days. You'll eat your oatmeal and you'll like it!" (Food prices apparently don't go on sale in a down turned economy.) But for dinner I am choosing. Does anyone know this yet? Nope. OK I fore warned them that we will be eating in a certain restaurant based on a movie one night because that place just amuses me so. The food is not so hot, but I DON"T CARE! I have eaten at some places in Frisco that were mighty tasty but are not kid friendly in anyway and since I am not shelling out cash for babysitting on the, ahem "family vacation" we won't be dining there this trip. So while everyone else is out skiing and my mom and the husband are bossing the Manny around, because I will not be there to boss around, baby girl and I will be scouring Breckenridge and Frisco for perfect dinner spots.

For those of you familiar with Breck or Frisco...any suggestions? Now back to packing...

3 comments:

I wonder who this is???? said...

Frisco - Silverheels
Backcountry


Breckinridge - The Cellar
Downstairs At Eric's

have fun

Marzipan said...

happy holidays!

bernthis said...

I couldn't do it. You are a saint as far as I'm concerned. Maybe in exchange for something I like to call A DIAMOND, but otherwise, not gonna happen. :)