Thursday, December 11, 2008

oy, my aching back...

I have entered the final stage of the pregnancy...the one in which basic movements have become extremely difficult. It began Tuesday evening while dining with the husband at the Cheesecake Factory (shrimp and bacon club...what is not to love about shrimp AND bacon?). I ate entirely too much food and then was unable to sleep. Yesterday I had an extremely long day on my feet, volunteered to make fondue with a bunch of preschoolers, cooked lasagna for 60, marched the herd all over Costco...by 8:30 I was in bed, yelping in pain. Of course being this large and now full of lasagna I could not sleep. Just whimper. So this morning, needless to say, I moved at a snail's pace. This is just not the time of year to be pregnant. With the boy I was almost done at this point but had the flu. With baby girl I was in throws of morning sickness. While I don't have the flu (knock on wood) and am way past morning sickness, I would like to know who decided that the holiday's have to be so busy? There's the shopping, the cooking, the gifting, the birthday parties, the eating out constantly, the messy house, the husband's antics with the new job (more on that later this month), the decorating, the cookie baking, the cookie indulging...it just goes on and on. Now I must say that if these are my biggest concerns in life than I have a pretty damn good life and should just quit my bitching. But I honest to God feel like I was assaulted and am all bruised. Never mind the tantrum throwing over stimulated children I am desperately trying ignore because you can only use the "I am going to call Santa RIGHT NOW! so many times before it wears off." I need a pregnancy safe Valium that I can just take until January and then the real fun begins.

4 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

You're on the home stretch, he'll be here before you know it!

love2cook said...

I can empathize how hard it must be right now for you. Always remember, it is okay to say no to some of the parties, cooking, baking, etc... I've been pretty good at it lately myself! And if you ever want to vent some more, I'm here :) I vent to my friend in FL, and it always feels so much better :) Just take it day by day.

laughingatchaos said...

Almost there, almost there, almost there...

Kathleen said...

you've just got to take it one day at a time and see how it goes, no overdooing it. at least you can enjoy the food without too much of a guilty conscience.