Tuesday, January 27, 2009

baby girl's mothering skills abound

Since giving birth and then subsequently nursing the third (and FINAL hallelujah!) child baby girl has noticed that she too has, ahem, mammary glands. The boy simply asked me what I was doing the first time he saw me feeding the baby was satisfied with the answer. He has since moved on to more pressing concerns like if transformers can turn into logs or not. While baby girl was very concerned about what exactly I was doing. I explained I was feeding the baby Mommy Milk so she has decided to nurse her baby dolls right along with me. She has a brood to feed so she carefully selects which one she will feed, puts the boppy on her lap and proceeds to feed the baby out of her belly button. Now I know that she understands that Mommy Milk comes out someplace higher. But she also has learned this week that Mommy Milk requires one to actually be A mommy and to have had a baby in one's tummy so she is unable to nurse from the "traditional area" but from instead her belly button. She is practicing her critical thinking skills. 

4 comments:

Cathy said...

the difference between boys and girls are just amazing! Ethan was the same way--he just moved on after a while, which was a relief!

love2cook said...

I think that is so sweet. Ms. E did that after brother was born. Except she would nurse her marine animals (orca, dolphin). The funny thing was her making those "clicking" noises for them when they were "feeding." So funny!

Kathleen said...

got to love the differences don't you. The boy asked the odd question but couldn't care less. i love how she uses the boppy, better take pictures to use as blackmail in later years!!

bernthis said...

My daughter was in the shower with me . she looked at my pubic zone and then pointed to her own and said, "You have a cover and I don't"

Very observant huh? LOL