Sunday, January 11, 2009

My selfish weekend

Only a few short days to go, my entire body is ready. I am sure the baby is pretty ready, for there is little room left inside. The house is ready. I KNOW the husband is ready for the pregnancy to be over. Even baby girls says "baby come out now??" So this was my last weekend before all hell breaks loose. I spent it how I wanted to. I was selfish, it was wonderful. The husband and I went out on a date. It was all afternoon, I just can't handle being vertical past 8:30 so I am pretty much only up for daytime activities right now. We went to lunch and then watched our lives being played out on the big screen. We saw Marley and Me. This movie completely depicted our lives. Everything that naughty Marley has done, our crazy dog Maddy has done. The family dynamics that played out in the movie was us. It was so strange to watch and very appropriate at the same time given our next adventure that is about to begin.

Today I went out to lunch with two wonderful friends. The food was awesome, the conversation was much needed. I felt happy and relaxed when I came home. I came home to a very frazzled husband but I was so relaxed and mentally replenished from all my fun from the past two afternoons that I sent him on his way to go find his own mojo. He has since returned and too has found his happy place. If someone would of told me five years ago that a couple of simple lunches and one movie could make my entire weekend bliss, I would have laughed. That was the time when I did what I wanted when I wanted. I never take a lunch date or movie for granted these days. Selfish time is now precious to me. So my last weekend before all hell breaks loose was perfect.

I doubt I will post again before the blessed event so please wish me some bloggy luck. The Jennie household has battened down the hatches and we are ready and more than a little excited for the coming storm.

4 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

Good Luck! I cannot wait to see pictures!! Thinking of all of you...

love2cook said...

Congratulations and good luck!! I will be thinking happy, happy thoughts for you. I'm so glad you found time for yourself. Remember, it's being balanced; not selfish :)

Cathy said...

i've been thinking about you all week--so great you got some down time before all the sleeplessness starts! :) can't wait to meet the baby!

EatPlayLove said...

I am so glad we got to break away for one final lunch before all the baby fun and excitement!!! Best of luck! Can't wait for the news!