Friday, February 20, 2009

the nonexistent list

A few months ago I asked the husband who was on his "list." You know that one, except that we, my husband and I, don't really have one because there is that whole I just put the neighbor on the list thing. So really I was just asking him what celebrity he found attractive. He looked at me blankly and wanted to know if it was some kind of trick. But at the time I was honestly curious. Then about a week before I gave birth we were watching t.v. and some shot of a scantily clad Halle Berry appeared. The husband stated, "Yep, she's on the list." Then I was all, "what is the matter with you, that is the last thing I want to know right now, how you find Ms. Berry attractive..." and then some more huffing and puffing and I blew his house right down and then walked out of the room. What can I say, I was HUGELY pregnant and just a tad hormonal. So now I know that Halle Berry is on the husband's nonexistent list. Which I can totally understand because I look just like her. ahem. I also think that Julia Roberts and Drew Berrymore are on this nonexistent list because of little comments I have heard over the years. Apparently the husband doesn't have a "type." 

But I think that I may have a type or at least in the celebrity department. Probably in real life too, oh who am I kidding it is the bad boy turned good guy in the end. Yes husband that means you.  And not the other way around! So here are the top three actors that are footing the bill. 

The first two are really amusing because they are the guys you just know are flirting with you because they can, you wish you weren't buying into it but you are. Drum Roll Please...Mr. Chicago Vince Vaughn and no shirt Matthew McConaughey. These two guys are ones you tell yourself not to like but you do anyway. Movies that exhibit this bad boy turned good are The Breakup and Wedding Crashers and for Mr. Shirtless Failure to Launch and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. (But NOT Dazed and Confused. ew.) Mr. Vaughn is a bit too tall for me, but so funny that I  am willing to over look that. And well, Mr. McConaughey is just nice to look at. 

But the ONE is Matt Damon. I am not really sure what this is about, I think it has to do with the jawline and teeth. But Lordy do I like some Bourne movies and of course Good Will Hunting.  Even when he is a big dork in the Ocean movies that Matt Damon is sure pleasant to watch on the big screen, or even on the little iphone screen it doesn't matter.  He is right at the top of the nonexistent list. 

And don't judge me Dad, Manny, and husband, I know how you like James Bond movies and I don't think it has to do with the cars or gadgets, but maybe because of Ms. Berry exiting the ocean. 

Here is a nice little youtube clip of Matt Damon impersonating Matthew Mcconaughey. 

6 comments:

Cathy said...

great choices--i could watch the bourne movies repeatedly! I wish my husband would claim he has a list, so I could talk about mine. :)

I got the pan--thanks so much!

Pappy said...

This is all the fault of your husband because he put HB on his list. If we would have just smiled and said that only you were on his list, Manny and I would not even be linked into this blog. Way to go................

Pappy said...

Since HE opened it up with HB - how about Sigourney Weaver....or Angelina J...or...oh never mind.

love2cook said...

I like Matt Damon too. He has that boyish, clean cut image with that great smile. Hmmmm....what about Joaquin Phoenix with his new "do and facial hair?" HA! I'm a big fan of Clive Owen. Love the dark hair, blue eyes and accent.

I don't know who's on S's list, but I would predict Angelina, Giada De Laurentiis, Jennifer Garner.

Wei Bo'en aka The Manny said...

Kate Beckinsale, Zhang Ziyi, Kate Blanchett, and Famke Jansen. Special historical addition to the list is when Faye Dunnaway was young.
My lady friend says Ewan McGregor, Josh Grobin, and Richard Gere.
FYI, I got my ass handed to me today in a racquetball tourney by a 50 year old.

Kathleen said...

after watching the Oscars Hugh Jackman is moving up the list...