Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh hello there Worry...

The Jennie household had one heck of a spring break let me tell ya.'  Baby girl started out the week with a nasty cold that was possibly pneumonia. The the boy tried to top her by actually getting pneumonia and an ear infection. He decided a fun trick to play was to turn blue so obviously he got had an all expenses paid trip to the ER. Currently the boy is on not one, but two, antibiotics. Being the competitive family that we are big fat baby is working on his own illness. Currently it is just a cough, but we shall see what the week brings. If he is does get sick I can count on shedding the last of my pregnancy pounds...that is what I do, or don't do I suppose. Eat. I am incapable of eating while worried. Sleep goes out the window too, followed by my brain turning to complete anxiety ridden mush and running out my nose. I am looking forward to this weight loss tactic. 

 Only once have I gained weight while not happy. My sophmore year in college I gained 10 pounds which is lot because I am a small person. I wasn't anxious, but bored and depressed. So I made friends with Kahlua. But then Kalhua and I broke up when I moved to Germany and I met a much more fun person named Tequila. Tequila and dancing pretty much took care of those extra pounds. But since becoming a mommy I threw Tequila out and now pretty much rely on my staple...worry. I'm am completely over this relationship but worry just won't take the hint and pack it's bags. Right now I can tell its getting ready to host a party in my household, it tried with the turning blue episode and I put it in a time-out. But when I have a sick infant worry starts sweet talkin' me and then before I know it I've lost 10 pounds and the house smells of bleach and Lysol. 

On another note, the husband prepared a menu of dinners he would like to be fed this week. Tonight's entree involves fish. Apparently he is not concerned with what iodine does to my skin and if I eat too much, my thyroid (this is where worry takes a break and gives the wheel over to full on panic attacks thank you very much borderline hyperthyroid!) But it actually looks pretty yummy and I guess I can tolerate fish every once and a while so I'll play his little game. 

Oh, and these children that are now feeling almost 100% better but not quite well enough to return to the general population are going stark raving mad. MAD I TELL YOU! Too much t.v. and snow...they are driving me crazy!!!! (And perhaps I should switch to decaf.) We played "preschool" this morning, but now that is over I am thinking we had better come up with another project before my house is in shambles. 


5 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

I'm the same way. I've recently thought to myself, if I knew I was capable of so much motherhood induced anxiety I may have re-thought this parenting thing. I will admit weightloss is a perk. Be sure to keep all Kahlua friends out of the house.

If you need anything, call me!

Mitchell Family said...

Blue is not a good color for kids, glad he's okay. Hopefully the baby will avoid sickness and everyone will be back to normal.

Cathy said...

sorry to hear your kids have been so sick! that's the worst--especially when you're sleep deprived. If worry took my weight off, I'd look like Kate Moss. :)

love2cook said...

Ah yes, the never-ending draining thought of worry... I can completely empathize with you. I can relate to the weight thing too. I've been trying to refocus my worries into positives. Looking at what we ARE doing right rather than what we are doing wrong. Thinking about what IS going so well rather than what is going wrong. Counting our blessings too always helps me remember that I don't have it so bad. Laughing, hugging and smiling are also good remedies. Hope they all feel better soon.

Kathleen said...

Isn't amazing how a holiday comes along and kids get sick. I am a huge worrier, i find yoga helps to unwind, maybe even blogging! Don't worry about the gaining weight soon you will be in a routine again and you will be able to get to the gym and do all those nice summery things.

If you need anything give me a call.