Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A thanks to all the ladies in my life

 A person should not be alone. I know this, but it is so easy for me to crawl into my secure shell and hibernate in my safe house. It is easier to not pick up the phone. But I can't do that anymore. Having three small kids is so freakin' hard somedays. Especially when my husband is out of town and baby girl has a bad cold. I practically go crazy. Sleepless nights and and raging hormones equals someone who probably should be slipped a Prozac in her morning coffee. But, in place of mood altering drugs I am choosing to venture out of my shell once again and actually participate in friendships. I feel like a new person this week. So thanks to all the Moms (yes I mean you too Jan) out there helping me out of my shell, your perfectly timed  phone calls, park days, play dates, emails and facebooking (is that a word?) are wonderful. I love my husband, but when I bitch about my afternoon with naughty tantrum throwing children YOU understand. He tries and then pours me a glass of wine. But YOU provide empathy. Thank you. 

And to Ms. T  soon to be a mom in Georgia I will call you to make sure you don't crawl into your shell. 

Thanks Mamas, you are all Rock Stars to me. 

4 comments:

love2cook said...

You're welcome! I am always ready to chat, talk on the phone, email, facebook. You name it! I love talking, can you tell? ;) So glad you came out of your shell. Spring is around the corner, yay!!!

laughingatchaos said...

Aw hon, if I'd known you needed sanity help, we could have met at Target for coffee and retail therapy! ;) Email or FB me if you feel the screams filling the back of your throat. ;)

Kathleen said...

we like having you out of your shell too, can't believe we have seen each other 3 times this week! More of the same please. My son's pretty fond of it too as he has his buddy to do crazy things with.

EatPlayLove said...

It's nice that we are all coming out of our winter cabins and joining in springtime adventure! Yeah us!