Thursday, April 9, 2009

Community

Here is the latest picture of my family. I still look pretty tired, but I don't feel too tired. I love those four people so much that sometimes it hurts.


I am Jennie and I am an iphoneaholic. My husband thinks this addiction is a good thing. I agree for the most part it is. The iphone is a wonderful distraction for my crazy brain while I am nursing. For those of you who have fed a baby you may know what I am talking about. You sit there multiple times a day while your brain becomes bored and then wanders around in search of some trouble to get into. My brain with baby girl was a very naughty brain. I know that a lot of people watch t.v. while feeding their babies which is exactly what I did with the boy, however, now I use the t.v. as a babysitter for the older two while I am nursing simply because they go wandering around looking for something to get into and they ,unlike a brain, have opposable thumbs. So now I read blogs but harldy ever comment (sorry its rather hard to comment on the iphone with one had...there is no app for that!) and I am a major twitter lurker, and I facebook (lots), not to mention all the news sites I visit.  All of this keeps my brain busy. Yesterday however the news was not so good. Most of you reading this know about the devastation of the Spohr family. Please donate to the March of Dimes. After I read the news I started simply sobbing. I was a snotty mushy mess and then when I told my husband I lost it again. I feel so incredibly blessed. I thanked God that our little bout with pneumonia what just that  a little bout and that big fat baby is just that big and fat. I thanked God that baby girl always responded while in the hospital with croup. I thanked God that my family member recently diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis is finally getting the medical help needed. I am still wracking my brain on how to be a better support.  (You all want a mom and three kids for a few weeks in May...in a hotel mind you or perhaps a move to Colorado?) I am so grateful for my husband and my family. Yesterday made me realize that I need to show this more. 

I was talking to my husband before he left for work this morning about how I feel so incredibly blessed especially when I have heard a lot of bad news lately. He agreed. He stated that we have such an incredible support system with our family and friends that he KNOWS people would step up if something ever happened. I agree totally. I am in complete awe about the outpouring of love and support for the Spohr family from the blogger and twitter world. People are not meant to be alone and I believe that technologies that many decry as time sucks and addictions are actually ways to keep us all connected and are in fact community. 

I am Christian and this is Holy Week for me. So here is my prayer (this is actually a difficult thing for me to do) What ever your religion or spiritual beliefs are I am praying for good health, love and peace for you and your loved ones. Happy Easter. 

3 comments:

laughingatchaos said...

It's been a hard couple of days, hasn't it? I was talking to my mom today and it was still tough. I don't know that family, but I've been hugging and loving on my boys more the last couple of days because of them. I can't imagine.

love2cook said...

I love what you said about appreciating your family. So, so sorry to hear about the little girl.

EatPlayLove said...

I agree! And yes, there definitely needs to be a more user friendly iPhone comment application. If only we wrote code, we'd be millionaires!