Friday, May 1, 2009

the neurotic mommy brainINATOR

The weather here is sooooooo annoying lately so we haven't been out much; and aside from my new 12 step hand washing protocol complete with singing that has been implemented in the Jennie household to combat the hog flu not much is going on.  Oh yes, I have turned into THAT mom overnight. Hey I got a baby and managed to watch a very scary program on flu epidemics a few years back courtesy of PBS which totally scared to poo out of me,  it seems like the first six weeks postpartum hand washing  has permanently taken root. So my friends, let's talk about something way more fun...like kids' cartoons. 

I am not a fan of Nick JR. I let my kids watch some of it. (Heaven forbid that Sponge Bob enters the house.) Dora's voice has an irritating quality to it. Diego is pretty cute I suppose.  Saturday morning cartoons are total junk in my opinion, however the boy enjoys Sushi Pack. At first I thought I was going to see some California rolls hanging about, but no, its just some Japanimation looking thingies, but there is a cute green Wasabi character. I am a Disney fan. Imagine that, me, who got married in Disney World, a Disney cartoon fan. I like that there are no commercials, pienso que el hombre con la voz de Handy Manny es guapisimo, Imagination Movers has a sort of Devo quality to it, and my all time favorite is Phinneas and Ferb. I will actually watch this cartoon with my kids. I think it is the funniest thing ever. (digression: I used to watch the Simpsons pretty religiously but just can't get into the Family Guy...sorry Jen.)

My favorite character would be Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. In my wierd little world he is hilarious. His character is obviously for parents' enjoyment since I found out yesterday he is dating again, meeting ladies online. I cracked up laughing, the boy asked me what was so funny. They like that I watch this show with them. I even have a favorite episode. There are plenty of youtube videos of it out there. I started looking at some to post but the children must have secret cartoon sensors attached to them and it was like flies to honey. PHINNEAS AND FERB ARE ON YOUR COMPUTER. WE WANT TO WATCH PHINNEAS AND FERB!!!  So after chasing away they little things so I can have five minutes to myself while big fat baby naps I thought better of it and so here is a picture of the very funny evil professor instead. Check it out sometime if you haven't been subjected to it already. 




5 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

aha, for all the octopus people! Too funny. Sj is a finn&ferb fan, me not so much. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

leafandsap said...

alex's classmate's older brother is the voice of either phinneas or ferb ... will have to ask alex when he wakes up which one! ah, los angeles.

love2cook said...

Both E's have watched that show a couple of times. It is pretty funny. S likes it too. :)

laughingatchaos said...

LOVE THAT SHOW! (And Family Guy makes me laugh in a "I'm going to hell" kind of way) LOL
I'd rather watch F&F over any other kid show. :)

Cathy said...

you should give spongebob a go--he hilarious!